Thursday, October 29, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
* From shoeboxblog (yeah, Shoebox as in Hallmark):
Oops, somebody must not have liked it cause they had to take it down. But I'm all aboard with the Christmas music one! And the zombie complaint lists.
* Just when you thought all the zombie _____ ideas were taken, along comes the Calgary Zombie Walk:
* Zombie wedding cake! including bride with chainsaw. Flavor? Red velvet, natch. via Neatorama.
* I spent yesterday watching Fido and Evil Dead II while I worked on a couple of Very Special candy boxes. muaa haa haa!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
*LoL cats to the rescue!
* Wonderful collection of literary drawings, such as Jules Verne:
* Spooky food.
* Dino van
* Too cool to save until Monday - when you get too old to trick-or-treat, try this:
"... one Halloween our doorbell rang and we opened the door expecting to see trick-or-treaters-- but what was in front of our open door--was another door! Like, a full-on wooden door, that had a sign that said "Please knock." So we did, and the door swung open to reveal a bunch of college dudes dressed as really old grandmothers, curlers in their hair, etc, who proceeded to coo over our "costumes" and tell us we were "such cute trick or treaters!" One even pinched my cheek. Then THEY gave US candy, closed their door, picked it up and walked to the next house. It was amazing."
* The following movie-related people are among those who have signed a petition to protest the arrest of Roman Polanski. I will no longer spend money on their works.
Woody Allen (well, I've been boycotting him since Soon-Yi)
Guillermo del Toro (I don't think I can ever watch Pan's Labyrinth again)
Harrison Ford (WHY?)
Terry Gilliam (sob)
Jeremy Irons (he played Humbert Humbert)
Wong Kar Waï
Kristin Scott-Thomas (nooo)
Emma Thompson! noooooooooooooooooooo!
Wow, that's quite a few folks. Makes me sad. At least Luc Besson is okay.
I'm SUPER stressed right now, and usually the cure involves watching movies. I don't think I can.
ETA: Some more folks are in the Okay With Me column:
Allison Anders (weird aside: I was just last week trying to think of the female director from "Four Rooms")
Jesse Eisenberg - yay, Zombieland is go!
Neil Gaiman - thank you!!!
Javier Grillo-Marxuach - phew, going to Best Buy to pick up The Middleman
Greg Grunberg - psychic guy from Heroes