Thursday, February 7, 2013

hammocks and hats

Continuing our look at McCall's Needlework & Crafts, let's see some ads!
Most of the ads within the editorial pages are for what you'd expect: yarn, embroidery kits, knitting needles, etc. But the back of the magazine is loaded with tiny yet amazing ads -

Spring-Summer 1965
 What could be safer than a baby in a hammock over the back seat of your car? "For babies 1 day to 4 years" - eek!


Spring-Summer 1962
So it's a giant paint-by-numbers kit for your entire wall. And some murals available in black light! My favourite part is the floating hep cat head with the beret and goatee :)


Fall-Winter 1955-56
I just love her guitar-playin' outfit - a big hat, swimsuit, high heels and opera gloves. Sign me up!

Speaking of hats, 
Spring-Summer 1961
Internationally famous hat designer! Kits available in shocking pink! Elmer's Glue-All included! I'd love to get my hands on one of those kits.

that's all for today!

p.s. I think I'm going to redesign this thing, maybe change the colours too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment