Friday, December 23, 2011

The grande finale

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, I present to you now the final post of my Christmas craft countdown! Taken directly from the pages of McCall's Needlework & Crafts Fall-Winter 1965-66

SKI MASKS OF TERROR!

"Pompon ski mask, made in one piece of knitting worsted on double-pointed needles. Boldly embroidered later in cross-stitch. Separately knitted red nose piece."

"Bright and bold pom-poned head covering for the cold. Knit-on dickey is neat and draft free."

"Warm little Indian wears his feathers knitted over pipe cleaners, his war paint of duplicate stitch. Knitted nosepiece sewn on."

"Girls' face mask is knitted around, has no seams. Warms neck as well as head. Fringed yarn bangs and pompon "hair" are amusing." 


Since nothing could possibly top that, Feliz Navidad!

8 comments:

  1. You should warn people not to look at these before going to bed.

    Or upon waking.

    Or during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have nightmares tonight I'm blaming you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely BEG you to e-mail me the directions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee, glad y'all liked them! Susannah - do you want all the instructions, or just for a particular mask? Send me an e-mail and I'll gladly provide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you send me the pattern for the mens ski mask please?
    noreflex@aol.com thanks-kevin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you email me the pattern for the girl's ski mask? Thanks so much!
    aenigmaz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello all! somebody was kind enough to point me to a blog that has posted the instructions for all 4 masks.
    http://poppalina.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/09/armed_robbery_f.html
    happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete