Tuesday, January 1, 2013

deja vu

* I'm making resolutions. Some of these may sound familiar.

1.) Figure out how to get the text size back to normal on this blog. Way back when I monkeyed with the HTML, and now I don't remember enough to find the problem (I have to manually change every paragraph, boo).

2.)  Embroider more. I have stacks of patterns, fabric, thread ... get to it! I will be taking a sewing workshop (yay!) this month, so I'm looking forward to making some simple items to stitch on.

3.) Bake more. I received 2 (new) cookbooks in 2012, I need to put them to use. Not to mention all the vintage ones! 

4.) Scan that big-ass stack of vintage home magazines! 

5.) Spend less time on Cityville. 'Nuff said. 

6.) The most important:   

I cannot change other people. 
I cannot "fix" other people's problems.
I will not worry about how other people are living their lives.
I will NOT offer advice without being asked.
No more bein' nosy!  


aaand that's a happy, up way to end this comeback post.
 

*As my new dude Neil deGrasse Tyson says, "The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation." I'm a huge believer in the power of the individual to make choices, and I think that many people don't realize how much power they really have.

No comments:

Post a Comment